A traditional Seoul tour to experience the local Asian food most loved by the locals.
The tour will take you through hidden alleyways and quaint backstreets home to secret foodie gems in the markets of North Korea.
Enjoying freshly made dishes, tasty tteokkbokki (the local kind of gnocchi!), smoky rice cakes and mini rice rolls, other interesting snacks, dumplings and much more.
Duration 3-3½ hours duration with 7 stops & 10 people max.
01-Jul-23 - 30-Sep-23
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
Seoul traditional Asian food tour route
- The tour starts of by walking through one of the oldest and biggest food markets in Seoul to sample a little bit of everything. We'll start with the classic Mung Bean Pancakes and our delicious secret dish!
- Followed by feasting with Korean Dumplings, Ttteokkbokki (local slightly spicy gnocchi) and also some minced fish fillets!
- Next, you will try a freshly made Gimbap
- You'll get a honey snack which you might have seen in k-dramas or movies
- Then make a sweet stop and enjoy a refreshing rice drink
- Then stroll around a traditional Hanok village and taste some incredible local sweet and creamy bread
- We'll finish the tour on a gorgeous street, a local favourite, in a beautiful, serene hidden teahouse to sip tea made with fresh ingredients paired with a rice cake.
- A complete Asian food experience to understand the history of Seoul cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical Asian foods of Seoul in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- Nukdujan Mung Bean Pancake paired with sweet onions
- Mandu (Korean Dumplings)
- Tteokbokki(slightly spicy)
- Minced fish fillets (paired with a bit of Fish Soup)
- Freshly prepared Kimbap
- Korean Honey Snack
- Sweet/Salty Cream bread
- Grilled Rice cake with a very rare traditional tea
- Our delicious secret dish
- Traditional tea
- Fermented rice drink
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Seoul Food Tour Meeting Point
Meet outside Jongno 5-ga station (dark blue line, line 1) exit 8, Seoul