You'll will sample a variety of classic French street foods starting with a viennoiserie\croissants, trying tasty macarons and chocolates, be served some of the best French cheeses , plus some tasty desserts as well.
The tour is in the bustling heart of Le Marais near the famous rue de Rivoli, one of the main streets of the city. You will visit the old streets and see some of the oldest medieval houses of Paris, and enjoy several local shops and trying many street foods on the way.
We will realise how the locals live in this part of Paris and how the city's history has influenced its gastronomy.
We will also serve you wines, both red and white or, if you prefer, non-alcoholic beverages.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 5\6 stops & 10 people max.
01-Jul-23 - 30-Sep-23
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
Paris classic food and wine tasting tour route
- Meeting with the guide at St Paul station, just by the Merry-go-round, you will first have an introduction concerning the area
- You will then have a taste of a French croissant or Viennoiserie and learn about their stories.
- At the local bakery to collect some amazing French baguette
- Go to an amazing macaron & chocolate shop where quality rhymes with refined.
- You will go through the streets of the Northern Marais, witness the numerous "Hôtels Particuliers", living testimony of the power of the Renaissance period Nobility.
- Discover our "Secret Dish" accompanied by some wine.
- Some tiny streets later, you will have the chance to taste and see the diversity of gastronomy in the local Marché des Enfants Rouges, where you will get to try very tasty French cheeses and some wine.
- All along the tour, your guide will teach you some great knowledge about both the history and the gastronomy to enhance the whole experience
- And finally finish that journey through senses with a sweet touch.
- Great food is made even better with the perfect drink pairing.
- A complete food & drink experience to understand the history of French cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical French foods and drinks in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- Freshly Baked Croissant
- Traditional Breads
- Best French Cheeses (5 different types)
- Tasty Macarons
- High-end Chocolates
- Our mystery dish
- A fresh pastry
- Fine Wines (Red)
- Fine Wines (White)
- Water and Soft Drinks (for non alcoholic option)
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Le Marais Food Tour Meeting Point
Outside St Paul metro station, Rue Saint-Antoine, 75004 Paris