Experience typical Milwaukee cuisine in the city's central neighbourhoods along the Milwaukee River.
The food tasting journey begins with a beer battered fish fry, a Wisconsin staple, before heading off to indulge in locally produced sausages made using traditional 19th-century recipes.
We top things off with famous Wisconsin cheese curds and our delicious secret dessert.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 4 stops & 12 people max.
01-Jul-23 - 30-Sep-23
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
Milwaukee typical food tasting tour route
- Our first taste is a Milwaukee staple, the beer-battered fish fry made by a local seafood company.
- You'll learn about dishes and drinks that were brought over by German immigrants in the 19th century as we sample a hometown sausage made with a classic recipe.
- Discover how a humble shop now provides some of the best gourmet cheese in the city and sample some of it's delight's.
- You'll discover the secrets of a bygone era at our secret stop, where all guests are referred to by their secret code name where we'll enjoy delicious fried cheese curds.
- Last but not least, you will indulge in a sweet treat that'll blow you away!
- As with all our tours, there's our delicious secret dish.
- A complete food experience to understand the history of Milwaukee cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical foods loved by the locals in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- Schlitz battered cod fry with sides
- Fried cheese curds, with dipping sauces
- A hometown sausage made with a classic 19th century recipe
- German chocolate cake with pecans and coconut
- Our delicious secret dish
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Milwaukee Food Tour Meeting Point
Meet outside Usinger's Famous Sausage, 1030 N Doctor M.L.K. Jr Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53203