Our Florence food and drink tour will introduce you to the real Florence, away from the tourist traps and the museums.
You will visit a local market, taste the local olive oil, sample a selection of the best traditional salamis and cheeses paired with the best local wines, and more.
At the end of your tour, you'll have sampled some of Florence's most delicious dishes and gained a better understanding the cities’ culture and history.
The Sunday itinerary and food will be slightly different as tour will start in the San Lorenzo market area and finish the tour in front of the Dome.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 8 stops & 12 people max.
01-Jul-23 - 30-Sep-23
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
Florence Italian regional food and drink
- We'll stop by one of the most beautiful cafès in the city to learn how local Florentines do breakfast.
- Visit the off the beaten track Sant'Ambrogio where everyday Florentines go for local produce
- Sample a variety of Tuscan cheeses, meats and hams that make the region so famous
- You'll then try lampredotto, the legendary street food of Florence.
- Visit a local trattoria and dine on regional tuscan pastas and soups.
- We'll cool off with a fresh gelato in an artisanal shop.
- As with all our tours, there's our delicious secret dish.
- Great food is made even better with the perfect drink pairing.
- A complete food & drink experience to understand the history of Italian cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical Italian foods and drinks of Florence in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- Florentine pizza, "schiacciata"
- Extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Tuscan Pecorino cheeses
- Tuscan ham (prosciutto)
- Cured sausages
- Ribollita or pappa al pomodoro
- Peposo or ragù al cinghiale
- Our delicious secret dish
- At least three glasses of the best Tuscan wines
- Coffee or cappuccino
- Non-alcoholic options
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Florence Food Tour Meeting Point
Meet in the Piazza di Santa Croce, at the bottom of Dante's Statue.