The Charleston French Quarter is a perfect location for a foodie adventure through this picturesque and historic area of the city.
You will learn how pirates, pandemics, natural disasters, and war has shaped the Charleston local food scene.
Sampling classic Carolina-style BBQ, lip-smacking low country favourites, homestyle Scots-Irish pub fare and our decadent secret food.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 5 stops & 12 people max.
01-Jul-23 - 30-Sep-23
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
Charleston, French Quarter food tour route
- The tour will start outside of the United States Custom House, one of the most striking buildings in Downtown Charleston.
- First up, you'll try some South Carolina BBQ at believed to be the oldest barbeque in the world.
- Next, you'll take a stroll through the Historic Charleston City Market and learn how the African slave trade introduced iconic ingredients such as benne seeds and collard greens to the local diet.
- Nobody down south ate fried green tomatoes until the movie came out! You will discover they're quite delicious!
- No visit to South Carolina would be complete without a visit to an authentic pub for homestyle bites lovingly prepared by the descendants of the Scots-Irish immigrants who used to account for nearly 50% of the local population.
- Finally, you'll indulge in our delicious secret dish, a beloved Southern sweet with ties to a legendary Broadway diva.
- A complete food experience to understand the history of Charleston cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical Charleston foods in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- BBQ pulled pork slider
- Carolina smoked chicken
- Benne wafers
- Fried green tomatoes
- Collard greens
- Dublin rolls or Scotch eggs (depending on availabilities)
- Irish potato chowder or Carolina fries (depending on availabilities)
- Our delicious secret dish
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Charleston Food Tour Meeting Point
Meet outside the US Customs House, 200 East Bay Street. SC 29401, Charleston