Our Auston food tour guides and your stomach through the busy streets of Downtown Austin for an urban gastronomy experience in the central and historic area of the live music capital of the world.
The food tour will allow you to try numerous foods, from our famous BBQ brisket, breakfast tacos, pinto beans, soup dumpling plus lots more.
An experience that will allow you to appreciate the Austin culture, cuisine and history.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 6 stops & 12 people max.
01-Jul-23 - 30-Sep-23
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
Austin typical local food tour route
- We'll meet outside of Fareground, downtown Austin's beautiful and modern food hall.
- First up, you'll dig into some Central Texas pit-style BBQ brisket served with the best pinto beans ever.
- Next, you'll enjoy a breakfast taco, a local favourite with a cult-like following.
- On our stroll, we'll say "howdy" to Willie Nelson, an Austin icon, and pass by where Austin City Limits is filmed.
- Afterwards, you'll explore the Warehouse District while cooling down with a specialty iced coffee laced with hazelnut, chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Then it's time for our delicious secret dish, a bit of Austin Weird, a dichotomy of divergent tastes coming together to tantalize your taste buds in a way you'd never expect!
- After several great bites, we'll take a stroll down Congress Ave to see and talk about some of our protected historic buildings.
- And then it's back to Fareground where you'll learn about Austin's growing Asian population and sample a traditional Chinese dumpling filled with piping hot pork soup.
- And finally, we'll round things out with Austin's best cookie (officially!), an infamous sweet treat featuring gooey chocolate chips and toasted local pecans.
- A complete food tasting experience to understand the history of Austin cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical food loved by Austin locals in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- BBQ brisket
- Pinto beans
- Breakfast taco
- Soup dumpling
- Monster cookie
- Our delicious secret dish
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Austin Food Tour Meeting Point
Meet in front of the Ellis cocktail bar at 111 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704